South Florida Integrative Medicine offers comprehensive psychological and psychoeducational assessment services to provide insight into a patient’s cognitive, academic, and/or socio-emotional functioning. In this process, our trained psychologists work as a team with the patient and other relevant individuals involved in the patient’s care; this includes but is not limited to parents, therapists, and teachers. The goal is to gather a holistic picture of a patient’s cognitive, academic, and/or social-emotional functioning, including their strengths and areas of growth, in order to provide an appropriate diagnosis.
Our assessment services provide diagnostic clarity on presentations such as (but not limited to) ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and mood disorders. They also may be sought to gain understanding on individuals’ learning differences so that appropriate supports or acceleration may be made available in school settings.
The assessment process typically includes a series of interviews and testing sessions at our office over the course of an 8-week period. The culmination of this process is a meeting with the psychologist for delivery of a full report and a feedback session where the patient will gain insight into their abilities, challenges, and strengths as well as detailed recommendations. We provided assessments across the lifespan, from young children through adulthood.
Our team provides comprehensive, high quality assessment services for adults and children ages 2 years old+, including:
- Academic placement “i.e. Gifted Testing”
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental Evaluations
- Learning Differences
- Mood, Behavioral, Personality Disorders
Every Psychoeducational Assessment Service includes:
- A 90 minute interview.
- Approximately 6 assessment hours, spread across 2 or more scheduled testing dates, depending on assessed individual need of the patient.
- A written report of our clinician’s evaluation and diagnosis of the patient, with recommendations for follow up services and/or supports and accommodations in school or work settings as appropriate.
- A 90 minute meeting to discuss findings and review written report.
Patients should anticipate the time needed to schedule conduct all tests and gather all necessary information (including teacher reporting) will be a period that ranges between 6 to 8 weeks’ time.
Our clinicians offer assessment services in both English and Spanish.
For more information or to reserve an appointment for new services, schedule a telephone consultation with our New Patient Coordinator Team today.
To learn more about each of our Psychologists, visit their pages to read their biographies and watch introductory videos.
To learn more about our Practicum Clinicians, visit their pages to read their biographies.